Know who's watching what on YouTube to empower your brand to determine content preferences, audience profiling, marketing tactics, and creative strategies
Until now, this data had not been offered to the industry. Only Luth Research, based on its proprietary ZQ Intelligence proprietary technology collects passive video-viewership data. And, for the first time, Luth is offering the results as a “syndicated research product” exclusively through Collaborata.
Finally, your strategies for video advertising, content creation, and audience acquisition can be based on the most accurate, robust data available. Built from pure passively tracked consumer behavior data, “Understanding YouTube: Passive Data Tells the Real Story” unlocks who’s watching what on YouTube… and how! The data and resulting insights come from more than 4.5 million titles viewed on YouTube online and mobile, including in-app.
Passive measurement of video that consumers view on desktop/web, tablets, and smart phones
• ZQ Intelligence™ is Luth Research’s patent-pending, cross-platform digital behavior-measurement system. It integrates Luth Research’s research panel with proprietary web and mobile tracking technologies to correlate consumer actions and attitudes. This innovative technology empowers passive tracking of digital behaviors and activities.
Leveraging its proven ZQ Intelligence™ tracking technology, Luth Research passively measures a digital panel of consumers over time. The passive measurement technology captures a wide spectrum of digital data points including sites and apps sited, video viewing, ad exposure, and in-app measurement. This YouTube Audience Insights product draws insights from more than 4.5 million titles viewed over the course of 6 months on YouTube from computer, smartphone, and tablet. Both website and app data are included and analyzed. Monthly sample size: 6,000-plus individual panelists.
The deliverable is a web-based dashboard with logins, which can be accessed anywhere, anytime. The dashboard contains topics of insights corresponding to the outline below. The reports are interactive with filters made available for demographic variables and timeframe. Users may drill down to the desired level of granularity based on research needs and objectives. Title level information can be exported into Excel from the dashboard. Contents of the dashboard can be made available into interactive Tableau Reader files to allow for a wider distribution of the insights across teams.
1. YouTube (YT) Total Viewers on PC/Web, smartphone, and tablet in 6-month period of Oct. 2015 – March 2016
2. Demographics by Genre: YT % of viewers by YT categories by gender, age cohort, income (Age cohorts: 18-24; 25-34; 35-54, 55+)
HOW ARE THEY WATCHING
3. YT Total Visit Time & Total Viewing Time by Device: Weekly visitation and viewing respectively for each device
WHAT ARE THEY WATCHING
4. YT Titles by Genre by Device: YT total titles grouped by YT categories by PC/Web, smartphone and tablet – column % are shown (base = total viewers on each device)
5. YT Genres by Device -- % of Viewers: YT % of viewers by YT categories by PC/Web, smartphone and tablet -- column %s are shown (base = total viewers on each device)
6. YT Genres by Device Weekly Time Spent: Weekly total time for viewing by YT categories by Web/PC, smartphone and tablet
7. Top 50 YT Channels by Device -- % of Viewers: YT % of viewers by YT channels by PC/Web, smartphone and tablet -- column %s are shown (base = total viewers on each device)
8. Top 50 YT Channels by Device – Weekly Time Spent: Weekly total time for viewing by YT channels by PC/Web, smartphone and tablet
9. Correlations between YT and Competing Video Platforms: % of YT visitors visiting Vimeo, Dailymotion, Netflix, screen.yahoo.com, Twitch, Vine, Vube
10. Top 10 Video Titles per Genre: Based on # of viewers
Luth Research has been a market-research leader since 1977, and continues to make groundbreaking advancements in next-generation customer intelligence. Powered by its proprietary international research panel, Luth creates the innovative technology and research methods required for businesses to thrive. From traditional research to tracking digital behavior, Luth Research blends research expertise with proprietary data collection resources to offer insights not accessible elsewhere. Luth Research is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and adheres to industry regulations as established by AMA, MRA, ESOMAR, CASRO and ARF.